ASC Forum

All info/thoughts relating to Attenborough Sailing Club

ASC Forum

Postby dennis » 31 Jul 2013, 18:15

Hi,

Here is another way for members of Attenborough Sailing Club to discuss things to do with sailing.

The advantage of a forum as apposed to the Yahoo group is that a few people can have a lengthy discussion without others getting fed up with the number of emails.

We will see how it goes.
Dennis Bell
Mirror 70044
dennis

Re: ASC Forum

Postby Turbo » 29 Aug 2013, 12:04

All means of communication are worthwhile exploring and it is good that the web site is seen as the hub.
Is he forum able to provide an e-mail alerting you to the fact that a topic you are interested in has been up-dated?
I have just ticked the box below regardign the above so hopfully it will answer myown question. :)
Nick
Turbo

Postby Turbo » 29 Aug 2013, 12:07

There seem to be a lot of members already - most unknown to the club. Is this healthy?
Turbo

Postby dennis » 29 Aug 2013, 17:37

Unfortunately you do get a lot of junk posts, just advertising irelivent stuff and trying to get back links to their own websites. I've rejected a few hundred posts already. But fortunately they are mostly quite obvious that they are not genuine posts.

I don't really want to tighten things down as it will also make it harder for club members to post comments.

And I expect by now you have found the answer to your question about being told when someone posts to a topic you are interested in. :)
Dennis Bell
Mirror 70044
dennis

Postby richaney » 21 Sep 2013, 13:15

As a new member; I'm keen to see this forum working (plus I'm actively anti-FB, so won't be checking in there!). It translates well on my mobile/iPhone screen too - which is great.

Is it worth making the link to it a little more substantial than a hyperlink under references to the Yahoo Group and FB page? (If there is another route in installed on the main ASC site, then I didn't find it!)

Thanks

Rich
: Rich Chaney : Laser Bahia 1348 :
richaney

Postby dennis » 22 Sep 2013, 09:31

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum.

As you might have gathered, the forum is very new and in fact has not been formally released yet. Or at least, it hasn't been publicised yet.

Thanks for your comments, it might be a good idea to make it a bit more prominent on the home page. I'll look into it.

For your information, it is also available in the menu once you navigate to the 'resources' area: http://www.attenboroughsc.org.uk/resources.htm and if you are not using a mobile, there are the 'quick links' on the right hand side.

Cheers,
Dennis.
Dennis Bell
Mirror 70044
dennis

Return to General