Keith Brereton and Roger Day attended the RYA Midlands Conference held in Tamworth on November 10th. The purpose is to get the latest information about our sport from the RYA, to network with the 70 plus clubs from the Midlands who attended and get involved with a selection of workshops held throughout the day. Here is the output from that meeting;-
If you were interested with the presentation that Sarah delivered, I would urge you to spend some time watching these two webinars that explore this topic and how we as clubs can start to adapt to meet the changing needs of members of the future.
Webinar 1, The Future of Dinghy Sailing – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2999576962665275905
Webinar 2, The Future of Dinghy Sailing – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/762026823685472001
As Steven Tinsley explained, the Regional Volunteer Team (RVT) and I work closely together to support the clubs in the region and to promote our activities. If you think you may be able to offer an little of your time, or know someone who could, please email Steven – firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on the regional fleets and the event packs that the RVT manage are at the link below –
A few key dates for your diary –
· Instructor Training Day – 23rd February, Rutland SC.
· RYA Dinghy Show – 2nd & 3rd March
· Push The Boat Out – The whole of May.
· Regional Honda Youth RIB Challenge Final – 29th June – Shustoke SC
· British Youth Sailing Regional Champs – 28th & 29th September
Below are links to the presentations delivered in the morning as well as from each of the workshops in the afternoon.
1. RYA Affiliated Clubs Conference “Learning from others”
2. GDPR – Keeping yourself compliant
3. Reaching new members through your club website
4.Attracting sailing`s future customers
5. Retaining junior sailors in your club
6. Developing your coach and instructor team
7. Grow you membership by attracting more female members
8.Keeping older members active for longer
9. Running environmentally sustainable clubs and events
10. How your club and RYA Membership can work together for your members
11. Reaching new members with Facebook post boosting
12. Diversify your club activities
13. RYA Racing Services – resources to support your club racing
14. How to improve your club members’ satisfaction to keep them coming back
15. Honda Youth RIB Championship – How to get involved and develop young members potential
16. How to engage your female members to increase participation at your club
17. Club Insurance – Understanding and managing your key risk exposures
18. What is a British Youth Sailing Recognised Club and how to get involved
19. Increase members’ activity and renewals by communicating more effectively online
20. Increase the number and improve the management of club volunteers.
21. Engaging new communities to grow your membership
22. Disability Awareness