• Very light wind (1-2 knots??)
• Brian & Flo decide to launch committee boat, which surprised a number of participants due to the light wind conditions. However, it proved to be the right decision, with a simple course being set in the middle of the pond where most of what little wind there was, appeared to be located.
• K. Brereton entering the racing following a long lay off.
• A short start line was set, with what seemed when the race started, a small number of boats were ‘on course side’ of the start line. Did not hear are a call or notice the appropriate flag flying.
• Two ‘Phantoms’ & a laser were first to the windward mark, with the laser on the inside deciding to use to his advantage the starboard rule to take the Phantoms well beyond the mark.
• The three participating Phantoms soon overtake the Laser, to sail their own race.
• Three circuits of the course, the Phantoms leading the way with K.B. loosing none of His sharpness for sailing in the very Light wind.
• I think all boats completed the same number of laps, some obviously taking longer than others.
This also sees the end of the First Wednesday evening Series and going into the last race it was second and third place all to play for.
Top 5 As follows – Well done to all, see you next week.